The London New Year’s Day Parade
London’s spectacular New Year’s Day Parade happens on the the streets of the West End this New Year’s Day.
This year 8,000 performers representing the London boroughs and countries from across the world gather in the centre of London for this extravagant celebration welcoming in the New Year. It will include dancers, acrobats, cheerleaders and marching bands and much more.
In 2020 it is expected that around 600,000 spectators will attend, and it will be broadcast live on television in the UK and on many stations across the world.
Video of London’s New Year’s Day Parade, the World’s greatest street spectacular
Highlights of this Years parade include:
- Gigantic balloons inspired by this year’s theme ‘London Loves Life’.
- London’s traditional and unmistakable Pearly Kings and Queens.
- Vehicles of all types including classic Minis and motorcyclists performing tricks.
- Marching bands including the Spartan Marching Band, FAKI the Kimbanguist Brass Band, and Marshall University Marching Thunder.
- The dance group Kneworld as seen on Britain’s Got Talent.
- The Panash Steel Orchestra UK
- The London School of Samba.
- Traditional dragon and lion dances from the London Chinese Chinatown Association.
Find out more information about the parade at the official website here
London New Years Day Parade Event Transportation
If you require transportation for this years London New Years day parade and would like to book a van or truck please contact us. From our outer London base we can travel to anywhere in the country to pick up your equipment, props etc. We can also arrange to collect your items from the centre of London later on in the day after the parade has finished.